As cooler temperatures draw us outdoors, it's an ideal time to ensure your Seller's home exteriors are in prime condition to impress potential Buyers. You may be surprised by the impact of these seven expert staging tips!
1. Take A Picture: What stands out to you? What needs attention? It's a great conversation starter with your Seller. Remind them that according to Realtor.com, 74% of Home Buyers started their home search on a phone or tablet.
2. Remove Window Screens and Wash Windows: The windows will look cleaner and brighter. The house will photograph and show better outside and inside, allowing more light. Remember to put all blinds up to the same height or ensure that the slats are evenly opened across the entire front of your house.
3. Front Door Maintenance: A dirty door that sticks will not impress any Buyers. Clean it and re-paint if needed; ensure the door handle is in good condition and the lock works properly. If the door handle is worn or out of date, replace it. Check the condition of the gasket.
4. Functional Doorbell: Some Buyers are keen on testing it. If you have a traditional doorbell, a broken one is a red flag. Replace it and make sure the finish matches your updated door hardware. Buyers usually leave camera doorbells alone, but if you're leaving it with the house, make sure it's clean and functional.
5. Garage Windows and Blinds: Traditional layouts have sidewalks that lead Buyers past the garage windows. Make sure you have clean blinds installed in your garage windows. No one wants to see your clutter. If you have blinds already, scary spiders and cobwebs tend to collect on them. Scrub or replace them.
6. Ceiling Check: Inspect your front porch and sunroom ceilings for mildew, especially after our Georgia rainy, humid summer! Pressure washing or hose-mounted cleaning products can work wonders.
7. Curb appeal: Boost your porch with seasonal flowers, a fresh welcome mat, and house numbers. These personal touches make your listing stand out from the rest!
Be the most knowledgeable Realtor on the block by sharing these expert tips with your clients! Use this Dropbox link below for some excellent social media graphics to share these tips! Or do you use Canva? There's also a Canva template link; you can customize it however you like!
Need more tips on getting listings ready to list inside and out? Schedule a consultation! Call or text 404-234-6908 or click "Get a Quote" to reach out quickly.